"On arrival we were immediately made to feel welcome. The decor is beautiful and sympathetic to this iconic building. Dinner was amazing with the highest quality food and service. The room quality of Rackwick and the comfort deserves five stars along with the delightful breakfast"
Superior Room 104
One of our largest superior rooms is called "Rackwick" which is actually named after Judith's favourite place to visit in Orkney - the very beautiful low lying valley of Rackwick in the Island of Hoy. With its original historic beams and recycled woodwork and an outside balcony opening on the stone staircase where you can sit outside, it has been individually designed by Judith Glue using unique Bronte Tweed and velvet for the furnishings and Eribe Knitwear Interior accessories. Above the bed hangs an original artwork of the beautiful valley of Rackwick painted by Judith's twin sister by Jane one of their very favourite places in Orkney.
With super king size bed available as double or twin and Egyptian cotton bedding, dressing gowns, ironing facilities, long work table with desk chair and USB points ideal for business customers and complimentary coffee, choice of teapigs tea and shortbread with fresh milk on request.
The en-suite bathroom has a beautiful photograph of Rackwick beach with its yellow sand and big round boulders hanging over a deep large bath and an amazing whale sculpture sitting on the stone window sill, the walls are decorated stone pebbles so you can imagine you are sitting on Rackwick beach and it has plenty of luxury touches such as underfloor heating, large double ended bath tub and rainfall shower, magifying mirror,mist free light up wall mirror and complementary Scottish toiletries.
Sleeps up to two adults and one child under 12 years old or if you prefer you can book "Norn" next door if you have extra family members with you and have your own private access to both "Rackwick" and "Norn".
- Lift to all floors
- On site Restaurant
- Made to order fully cooked breakfast
- Bar and Sitting area with log fire
- Free WiFi throughout building
- Solar Thermos and Air to Water Air Source Heating
- Original Shipwreck masts and woodwork
- All Rooms En Suite
- Fully EDA compliant throughout building
- Fully Wheelchair accessible with level entry en suite shower room
- Bath Tub in Superior Rooms
- Rainfall Showers
- USB points
- Underfloor heating in en suites
- Complementary Toiletries
- Large Fluffy Bath Towels
- Heated Towel Rail
- Mist Free Light Up Wall Mirror
- Luxurious Bathrobes
- Egyptian Cotton sheets
- Super King Size Double/Twin Beds
- Long work bench in Superior and Luxury Rooms
- Original Orkney Artwork
- Heavy Velvet and Tweed Black Out Curtains
- Large Flat Screen Smart TV
- Complimentary Tea pigs Tea ,Coffee, Orkney Shortbread
- Bottled Orkney Tap Water
- Complimentary Fresh Milk
- Juliet Balconie
- Free on street parking
- 15% Judith Glue Discount Card for all guests