Named after Maeshowe a neolithic tomb in Orkney this room is decorated in the colours of Orkney with its green landscapes and yellow lichen stone walls.
Classic Room 207
Our classic room is a much smaller size than our deluxe and superior rooms but as comfortable and luxurious, but more suitable for visitors who are staying with us for one or two nights. Our "Maeshowe" room is named after the famous neolithic tomb of Maeshowe situated in the heart of Orkneys World Heritage site and once raided by Vikings who inscribed runic writing on the interior of the tomb which depicted their pillages and wrongful gains. This room has recycled woodwork, original historic roof beams, oak board flooring and has been individually designed by Judith Glue to reflect the colours of the local landscape and yellow lichen stone dykes, it is decorated with Bronte Tweed and Velvet furnishings and Eribe Knitwear Interior accessories. An original artwork of Runes which were found inside the tomb of Maeshowe in Orkney hangs above the bed and was painted by Jane Glue - Judith's twin sister. There is also a remore controlled velux window which if wished you can control while lying in bed ! Small chest of drawers and original inventive tap hooks for hanging your clothing.
There is a luxurious super king size bed, available as double or twin with Egyptian cotton bedding, fluffy towels and dressing gowns, complimentary coffee, choice of teapigs tea, local shortbread and fresh milk on request.
There is a beautiful en-suite with a large rainfall shower, pebble wall tiling, underfloor heating, mist free light up mirror and complementary toiletries.
Sleeps up to two adults.
- Lift to all floors
- On site Restaurant
- Made to order fully cooked breakfast
- Bar and Sitting area with log fire
- Free WiFi throughout building
- Solar Thermos and Air to Water Air Source Heating
- Original Shipwreck masts and woodwork
- All Rooms En Suite
- Fully EDA compliant throughout building
- Fully Wheelchair accessible with level entry en suite shower room
- Rainfall Showers
- USB points
- Underfloor heating in en suites
- Complementary Toiletries
- Large Fluffy Bath Towels
- Heated Towel Rail
- Mist Free Light Up Wall Mirror
- Luxurious Bathrobes
- Egyptian Cotton sheets
- Super King Size Double/Twin Bed
- Original Orkney Artwork
- Heavy Velvet and Tweed Black Out Curtains
- Large Flat Screen Smart TV
- Complimentary Tea pigs Tea ,Coffee, Orkney Shortbread
- Bottled Orkney Tap Water
- Complimentary Fresh Milk
- Free on street parking
- 15% Judith Glue Discount Card for all guests