"We stayed in "The Leonards " room and The Storehouse was such a great find, lovely old building, beautifully restored, local Skills & craft woven into the fabric with a touch of orca foam charm, we found a puffin in the bathroom !
Kathleen Munro - September 2018
Superior Room 205
One of our largest superior rooms called "Leonards" named after a very well known toy shop in Kirkwall that every younster in Orkney grew up and also the name of our downstairs restaurant as the buidings last owners were the Leonard family who used it as a printing works and store. With recycled woodwork and velux roof windows, it has been individually designed by Judith Glue with Bronte Tweed and Velvet furnishings with Eribe Knitwear Interior accessories and original artwork of the old "Leonards" shop hanging above the bed which was painted by Judith's twin sister by Jane Glue.
With super king size bed available as double or twin and Egyptian cotton bedding, dressing gowns, hairdryer, ironing board and iron, long work table with desk chair and USB points ideal for business customers and complimentary coffee, choice of teapigs tea and shortbread with fresh milk on request. Electrically controlled velux window which can open by remore control while lying in bed if you wish ! Clothes hanging rail with storage shelf and full length mirror.
En-suite bathroom with underfloor heating, large double ended bath tub with photograph of Kirkwall harbour above and rain fall shower, magnifying mirror, mist free light up wall mirror and complementary toiletries.
Sleeps up to two adults and one child under 12 years old or if you prefer you can book Brodgar next door and you can have your own private access to both rooms if wished.
- LLift to all floors
- On site Restaurant
- Made to order fully cooked breakfast
- Bar and Sitting area with log fire
- Free WiFi throughout building
- Solar Thermos and Air to Water Air Source Heating
- Original Shipwreck masts and woodwork
- All Rooms En Suite
- Fully EDA compliant throughout building
- Fully Wheelchair accessible with level entry en suite shower room
- Bath Tub in Superior Rooms
- Rainfall Showers
- USB points
- Underfloor heating in en suites
- Complementary Toiletries
- Large Fluffy Bath Towels
- Heated Towel Rail
- Mist Free Light Up Wall Mirror
- Luxurious Bathrobes
- Egyptian Cotton sheets
- Super King Size Double/Twin Beds
- Long work bench in Superior and Luxury Rooms
- Original Orkney Artwork
- Electric Velux Windows in Top Floor Rooms
- Heavy Velvet and Tweed Black Out Curtains
- Large Flat Screen Smart TV
- Complimentary Tea pigs Tea ,Coffee, Orkney Shortbread
- Bottled Orkney Tap Water
- Complimentary Fresh Milk
- Free on street parking
- 15% Judith Glue Discount Card for all guests